Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Presentations

The presentations that we had to do in class as a group were so much fun to watch, but getting to know my group members was even better. It's so hard to make a connection with people when a you can't talk to them. People will sit next to each other in class all semester long, sometimes they even have several classes together, and never get to know the person they are continually seeing. I think group work can be fun, on the other hand, it can be a royal pain in the ass too! The group I was in was wonderful. Thomas took the lead, he's a born leader. He got the ball rolling, which is good when some members of the team are shy. Haley was bouncy. It's awesome when a group can have an energetic person around to keep them up and going. Tristan was a hardworker, but a little quiet. That's not a bad thing, I'm really quiet when I don't know anyone. He was calm enough to keep us all on track...awesome! Chris was funny. He had so many women's clothes that he brought in for his costumes that I was simply amazed that a man could own that many old woman shirts without them being handed down by their grandma! I've been in groups all semester long in all my classes. This group was by far my favorite! Each person brought something fun and rewarding to the table. Personalities matched well and it was fun to actually do the presentation.
The single presentations we had to do were more terrifying for me, but that's because I'm super shy and don't like to get in front of people. Kinda seems stupid since I want to be a teacher. I know that, but kids don't scare me half as bad as people my own age. Then again, I'm so damn old that I'm practically geriatric! I guess if I would have looked at it from that point of view, I would have realized I'm about 5 years older than everyone else in the class. Would have made things a little easier for sure. I thought I was prepared to do just a 3 minute presentation, but apparently I can talk longer than I figured! The main point I wanted to get at about my paper was that sex encompasses so much and so does the bible. In real life they go hand in hand. Sex in the bible is almost a must. It's a reference, a story inhibitor, and a learning tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment